Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hello Again...

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my Great Aunt Becky. I've been taking those in-between moments during the day to reflect on life. I can't say I have any answers, but I am realizing more and more how much I need to renew my goal to spend more time with my loved ones and celebrate every moment we have together.

There was a small memorial for Aunt Becky on the East Coast this past weekend and although I really wanted to be there, the $400+ air fare kept that from happening for a lot of us on the other side of the country. So we did the next best thing. We had a West Coast memorial for her. It was a nice afternoon of good food and better company. And I found out that Aunt Becky knew Ella Fitzgerald when they were both Lindy Hoppers at the Savoy Ballroom. How cool is that? Although she told me she loved dancing, she didn't mention that little detail.

And as far as knitting goes, I finally finished the body of Jacket #41. I'm now working on the cable neckband edging. I am sweating a bit, since I think I may not have enough yarn. I was planning on skimping a bit here and there so I would have enough, but I think I'm just going to go along with the pattern as written and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I should be able to get an extra hank from a Raveler or something. No worries. I guess I should start checking around if I plan on wearing it to a wedding this weekend...