Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Remember Me?

Hey friends. It's been awhile. SOMEONE has been hoggin' the blog and insisting that if I didn't have anything to say I shouldn't be allowed to post. You know me, I always have something to say...but whatevahs. I guess I could just say I was on vacation, and truth be told, I was still recovering from our Paris trip. Jetlag is a bitch! Anyway, I'm here today to present a few things.

First is my new little friend. Kim sent him to me and as soon as he came out of his packaging, we were instant friends. I mean, we're wearing the same dress, he has impeccable taste and honestly, what's not to love about a cross-dressing bear? He much better company than Christie. I have yet to come up with an appropriate name for him. I've been racking my brain, but nothing seems right yet. It's coming though.

Moving right along...

Baseball Baby Tee

Backstory

Pattern: Baseball Baby Tee from Knit 2 Together
Yarn: GGH Bali in purple
Needles: US 5
Exposition: I'm also here to present Christie's latest finished project, the Baseball Baby Tee. She wanted me to tell you it was pretty straightforward and it was an easy pattern...blah, blah. The GGH Bali is a yarn close to my own heart, as I am made from Bali. Quality stuff, let me tell you. She also said to tell you that she only used two balls of the Bali. Something about decent yardage. And if she were to do it again, she would consider knitting in the round on both the body and sleeves, whatever that means. You knitters and your "terms".

Baseball Baby TeeBaby Baseball Tee button detail
I found 3 white heart buttons last night and Christie used two for the shoulder closure and sewed the third to the hem. I suggested the she just do three buttonholes instead of two, but she scoffed and said she had already woven in the ends and she'd be damned if she did any more reknitting. TESTY! Jeez.

And in honor of Wednesday being America's Next Top Model night, I insisted on modeling.
Poppy: ANTD
Nigel Barker, eat your heart out.
Miss Jay, I'm coming for you.
Paulina, you've got nothing on me.
Tyra, am I smiling with my eyes?
Fierce.
Fiercer.
Fiercest.