Monday, September 29, 2008

Multiple Choice

Looking at this picture, you would be inclined to deduce:
1. Christie finished front #1 of the Cabled Coat and is showing off her progress of front #2.
2. Christie's knitting has shrunk since Poppy showed it off Friday afternoon.
3. Christie's knitting projects are the equivalent of Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill.

Of you picked 3, you are 100% correct. This is a habit we need to get rid of fast!

So, this weekend, I was knitting away on the Cabled Coat's front #1. Things were going fairly well, I had a few missteps that needed correcting, but nothing too bad. Until I reached the beginning of Chart #2, which is the top of the triangular piece that makes up the front. Something was wrong. Upon further investigation, I realized that in order to correct my mistake, I needed to frog back to row 3 and start the decreases there, rather than at row 13. Yeah. I started my decreases 10 rows too late. I was only 40 rows away from finishing.

So, I frogged back the whole thing and am currently reknitting the front. And somehow, I don't feel bitter about it. What the hell is wrong with me?