Friday, October 03, 2008

A Well Deserved Sigh Of Relief

It's Autumn! And it's finally beginning to cool down in SoCal. We might even get some rain tomorrow! I'm too excited about that. Sweating in October is just not cool with me.

I bought these Peeps for my friend. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it's the same shape as the Easter Bunny Peeps...there are just colored orange with a Jack O' Lantern face on them. Funny.

Personally, I don't like Peeps. I respect them as food stuffs, but they just don't do it for me.


I'm happy to report that I made great progress on the Zoo Wraplan. I finished the elephant! I'm amazed and delighted at how cute it is. The green leaf he's holding doesn't pop as much as I would like, but that's okay. I'll live with it.

The stitches are a little wonky, but I'm confident they'll relax and act right with some blocking.

It's so cute, I can't stand it! I really want to make another, but maybe I'll chart a different animal. Maybe a tiger or a lion. Wouldn't that be so cute?


My only concern is the floats on the inside. If it were for me, I really wouldn't care, but since it's a gift, I want it to look nice [and as neat as I could get it this time around]. So, I was considering buying a little bit of felt and sewing it on the inside. What do you think? Does it really matter? Am I being too concerned about perfection and looks?

I appreciate your feedback.

Now just the bands and sleeves and it's done! I'm hoping to have it finished this weekend. Totally doable.

And for those of you in Orange County, I heard this morning that the art exhibit Slow Dancing is taking place right now at the Performing Arts Center. It's a free event and totally worth the price of admission. Check it out if you can.