Thursday, November 06, 2008

Election To Inauguration Day Scarf

I have a lot of names going for the Noro Striped Scarf. First it was the Election Day Scarf, since that's when I started it. I thought there would be long lines at the polls, but alas, I was in and out in about 20 minutes. And that was at 5pm. Go figure. Then I thought I'd be able to get few rows in at the party we went to. But alas, I was busy eating, drinking, cheering, toasting, laughing, eating, smiling, eating and high fiving. I did get a few rows done at home after the party.

Then, last night as I was knitting, I thought the ways the colors are pooling on this is really interesting. Both balls are deepening and lightening at the same rate which I wasn't expecting at all. Also, the contrast a few inches in isn't as stark as the beginning. And the part that I thought would be muddy because the colors were similiar is really very pretty. Parts of the scarf are reminding me of the seasons changing so I thought that I could call it my Seasons of Change Scarf. We'll have to see how the rest of it knits up first.

Then I found an Inauguration Day Scarf group on Ravelry! How perfect! I'm sure I'll finish this long before Inauguration Day, but at least I'll have a set day to wear it, right?

Hmmm...maybe I should just call it my Obama scarf.