Monday, November 17, 2008

Yawn...

I'm trying to put all the distractions aside. I'm trying to concentrate on getting my current WIP's done and out of my hair. That means not falling prey to the cute Kertasnikir Boot Toppers or one of the adorable sweaters I've chosen for my nieces. And there's always Christmas gifts to consider.

You know what that means.
Welcome back to the 6th ring of knitting hell. Thy name is Moss Stitch.

Yes, I've started on sleeve #2 of the Cabled Coat. Good times, let me tell you.

It's just the beginning so things are going along quickly, but I know tedium is right around the corner. I guess if I tell myself that I get to do some fun cabling after this sleeve is done, I can trick myself into getting it done faster.

Isn't it a bad sign when you knowingly try to outwit yourself?
It's a sad, sad state of affairs.
But alas, we'll make it work one way or another.

Let's talk about something else, shall we?

Quite a few of you have let me know that you're sending good juju to my Uncle. I really, truly appreciate it. His temperature has come down, but it's still not back to normal, so they continue to test him to try to figure out what's causing it. I was visiting with him yesterday and he was describing some of the tests he's undergoing and I joked that he's living his own personal episode of House. He laughed and agreed wholeheartedly. So we all wait until the tests come back, which should be Wednesday. I told him to just hang out until Sunday when my brother will be in town with the new baby. And if he sticks around that long, he might as well stay on until Thanksgiving. Then it's just a hop, skip and a jump to Christmas. Heck, he might as well just move to California. He didn't seem to keep on that. So please keep those good 98.6 thoughts coming! We all know crafty folks like us can work miracles!