Friday, April 10, 2009

Mail Call!

Last week, I posted my April To Do List. The first 'To Do' was fixing the Rebecca Coat #41.

Like I said before, I practically ran out of yarn on this project. So to remedy the situation, I figured that knitting the cable band a few inches short and shortening the bottom ribbing would do the trick.

As you can see, it didn't work out. The shortened cable band caused the front to ride up and the shortened ribbing just looked sad.

The only solution to the problem was to find a extra hank of the now discontinued Rowanspun 4ply. There are quite a few Ravelers that have some in their stash, but none have it listed as willing to sell/trade, so I figured I'd ask people as a last resort.

A quick Google search lead me to a retailer in the UK who had one lonely hank listed on their site. $2. Seemed like it was meant to be. It arrived today, in all its Rowanspun Tweedy glory, so I'm planning on fixing this project as soon as I get home today.

Wish me luck!