Thursday, April 23, 2009

Style?

Yesterday, Nik posted this link, asking if anyone had seen it. Of course, I checked it out and was intrigued by the design and flabbergasted by the styling.

Really, is there any other way to wear crisscrossed banded sleeves? At first, I thought that black cups were a part of the knit, then I realized that's a black bra underneath. Just the perfect outfit for an audition for 'A Chorus Line' or as one of the 'Chicago' Merry Murderesses.

And then there's the infamous Rowan 39. Some of these are styled so strangely that you can't even get passed it to see the knitted garment. The lady below looks like she just stepped off the set of Conan the Barbarian...


I have that belt in my closet.

I could, as most of us could, go on for days about how odd and/or badly styled some knits are and how a leather medallion belt around the neck of an otherwise attractive man really takes away from the one thing we're trying to see...his sweater. Then I was inspired to take my judgment as a challenge. I could challenge myself to elevate my simple handknits, that I would pair with jeans or a skirt, to haute couture...runway worthy!

I'm formulating ideas and making plans. If nothing else, it would be really great for a laugh.