Sunday, November 08, 2009

Catching Up...

Here are a few of the projects I've recently finished...

Backstory

Pattern: wham bam thank you lamb! neckwarmer
Yarn: Lion Brand Thick & Quick
Needles: US13
Exposition: This neckwarmer took a bit less than skein. I was able to knit this up in one evening. I'm not too happy with the bulky seam, so I think I'll pull it out and graft those stitches instead.

Other than that, warm & cozy. I love the offset-ness of the edges and that you can fold and twist it around your neck...so many different ways to style!

Backstory

Pattern: Marian Cowl
Yarn: Not 100% sure. Did a burn test and am still not sure.
Needles: US13
Exposition: Another super quick, super easy project. My first mobius. I made a bit of a mistake, as I seem to have two twist, instead of one. Can't tell, really, but I'd like to try this again.

And seed stitch is so much less annoying on size 13s...

Backstory

Pattern: Claudia Beanie
Yarn: Patons Merino Wool
Needles: US 4 & 6
Exposition: I got this off the needles and was immediately taken with what a great looking hat this is.

I made a bit of a mistake on this one too. I did the ribbing on size 4s and immediately switched to 6s for the cable trellis section. Lo and behold the instructions say to switch needle sizes after the cable section. OOPS. Why can I never remember to read the freakin' instructions? ugh. Didn't make a big difference though...it's for a guy with a big noggin. I love this hat! You all must go forth and knit one.

And lastly...I'm sure you can guess what this single crochet beaning is going to become...