Friday, January 29, 2010

Anemoi/Enemy

I'm sure you've all been losing sleep wondering how I've been fairing with the Anemoi mittens.

Fear not, friends. I have completed a single mitten.

I have had some issues, but from the comments I've been getting I can see that I'm not the only one.

Despite all of my issues [personal and knitting related], the pattern produced a very lovely mitten. I'll reserve final judgment until it's properly washed and blocked.

I'm not really looking forward to casting on mitten #2 to be honest with you. The only consolation is that it will go much faster and easier than this bugger.

There are two things that are bugging me.
The first is the top. It came out okay, but the edges look a bit sloppy.

I'm hoping I can shape it properly so it doesn't look so messy. I don't think it was my grafting job as much as it was confusing decrease instructions and trying to turn the damn thing inside out with the needles still attached so I could get it all grafted together. I just don't know.

The second thing that is bugging me is the thumb. I was trying to figure out what the instructions were instructing and where exactly to pick up the extra stitches and somehow I picked one up in the oddest of locations. Stitch, they name is Ugly. Since it's just the thumb, I don't really have a problem with ripping it out and reknitting. Besides that, the whole thing is a little short, so it needs to be ripped out anyway.

On to Olympic trial #3. Wish me luck.