Friday, February 05, 2010

The Agony of Defeat

My boss just told me she's not going to the Olympics.

This is how an athlete must feel when they get ready to go compete for their country just to find out they didn't make the team on a technicality.

Ok. Maybe not. But close.

It's okay. I will be moving into a new place next weekend and really don't have the time nor the wherewithal to finish the second mitten right now. There's yarn to pack, for pete's sake. I will try to work on them as much as I can, but there is a slim chance they will be done in time for the Opening Ceremonies. Oh well.

Two other pieces of business...my former commenting system, Haloscan, has gone the way of the Dodo Bird. So I've switched over to something called Echo...mostly because I didn't want to lose all the comments telling me how awesome y'all think I am. haha. It would be funny if we all knew it wasn't true. Since this new system doesn't ask the commenter to leave an email address, I've decided to try out leaving my responses in the comments section also. We'll see how this works out. It's not like I get that many comments anyway. haha. Again, sad, but true.

And speaking of commenting...my sister has finally decided to join the blogging world. You can find her Slangin Some Strang on her new blog. Go forth and comment.