Friday, August 19, 2005

NOW WHAT DO I WEAR!!?!?!?!

EDITED: Such a bummer...the director, with whom I was going to ride up to Oakland, decided not to go this morning. This after I got up at 6:30, showered, was dressed and ready and thought she was calling to let me know she was here to pick me up. Nosiree Bob. Oh well, I guess I have the immense joy of hanging out in LA today.

BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY POSTED ENTRY: A week or so ago, I blogged that a short film I performed in was scheduled to be shown at The Oakland Black GLTB Film Fest. At this moment in my life, sadly, I am not the most proactive actress. I haven't been doing much auditioning lately, so this is my only project to be excited about. Let me put it to you this way: this film was the equivalent of knitting a project that you've been obsessing over...with the most luscious yarn on your favorite needles...one that you know will fit your body perfectly, make your skin tone rosy and will take 10 pounds and 10 years off you. What could compare? But once you finish the perfect project, you've got to move on to the next one...with sticky plastic needles and the cheap acrylic yarn that will give your fingers friction burns, will pull in all the wrong places, bulk up, wonk out, make you look sallow and will make you want to throw your Addis out the window. Why not just bask in the glow of the perfect project a little longer? Well, because it's been a year and it's time to move on.

Anyway, the movie screening is tomorrow at 3 in Oakland. My friend and director confirmed that she's going and welcomed me along for a quick turn around trip. I'm excited. I'm concerned. I'm...frightened? What is it going to be like to see me...up there? on the big screen? big as life? Thank God the film is only 15 minutes long. I hope I can watch all 15 minutes of it. I hope we get a good response. I hope people don't laugh at my ugly crying face. Okay, actually, I don't have an ugly crying face...but still!

We're leaving at 7 tomorrow morning, so I need to flat iron my hair and get my beauty sleep for my throngs of non-existent fans. I hope to have a positive report for you on Sunday!